Rainbird ESP-8LX 8 Station Outdoor Controller.
Plus and LXi Plus Series
Four Program Hybrid Controllers
Designed for light commercial and residential use, these controllers offer an extensive array of advanced and easy-to-use features for professional irrigation control. The controllers' four independent programs with four independent day cycle modes will accommodate a myriad of diverse irrigation requirements, including low volume drip applications. A key-lock door and durable cabinet make the ESP-LX Plus controllers easy to install, operate and service, even in the most challenging environments.
Features and Benefits:
- ESP: Extra-Simple Programming with self-prompting large
alphanumeric LCD display makes this controller easy to program,
read and understand.
- Four independent programs (A-, B-, C-, and D-drip), with
six start times each, allow mixed irrigation applications
in a single controller.
- 365-day calendar with leap year intelligence for one-time
date and time setting.
- Non-volatile program memory maintains user's program during
a power outage independent of the battery backup.
- Removable, battery-programmable panel for the convenience
of both programming instruction and programming prior to
- Four cycle modes (CUSTOM, CYCLICAL, ODD, or EVEN) selectable
for each program for maximum flexibility. .
- Event-Day-Off option to set any day of the month as a
non-watering day for all programs accommodates special occasions
and special watering ordinances.
- Programmable Delay-Between-Stations provides time for
water well recovery or time for slow-closing valves to turn
- Start time stacking prevents hydraulic overload.
- Variable test program for system operational testing.
- Water budgeting by program from 0 to 300% in 1% increments
makes seasonal adjustments quick and easy.
- Programmable rain delay enables system to stay off for
specified period with an auto-restart.
- Sensor inputs and override switch with LED indicate when
irrigation is suspended.
- Master valve/pump start circuit, programmable by station,
for optimal irrigation control.
- D-drip program can run simultaneously with program A,
B or C to maximize hydraulic capacity and minimize watering
- Diagnostic circuit breaker and LED fault indicator identify
electrical shorts, skip shorted stations, and continue irrigation
- Battery recharging circuit maintains fully charged Ni-MH
backup battery (included) to keep current time and date
during a power outage.
- Surge protection makes the controller reliable and robust under extreme field
- Heavy-duty 1.25A extrernal, plug-in style transformer
on the ESP-LXi+ indoor version provides convenient installation.
- Includes easy-to-mount, heavy-duty plastic cabinet with
key-lockable door and swing-out, quick release face panel,
as well as all internal wiring (no junction box needed),
for clean-looking, professional installation.
- UL and cUL listed; CE and C-Tick approved.
- Rapid Station Test Routine (RASTER) enables the controller
to diagnose and troubleshoot field wiring, solenoid, and
controller problems quickly and easily.
- Special Fuse Circuitry detects and displays when a fuse
- ESP-6LX+: 6 stations, indoor/outdoor*
- ESP-8LX+: 8 stations, indoor/outdoor*
- ESP-12LX+: 12 stations, indoor/outdoor*
- ESP-16LX+: 16 stations, indoor/outdoor*
- ESP-20LX+: 20 stations, indoor/outdoor*
- ESP-24LX+: 24 stations, indoor/outdoor*
- ESP-8LXi+: 8 stations, indoor
- ESP-12LXi+: 12 stations, indoor
- ESP-16LXi+: 16 stations, indoor
* Also available in 230VAC
- Station timing: 0 to 12 hours for all stations (0 to 16
hours with water budgeting); 0 to 120 minutes selectable
in 1-minute increments; above 120 minutes selectable in
- Automatic starts: 6 starts per day for each program, available
on the quarter hour (total of 24 start times)
- Independent programming schedule options:
1. ODD day watering (per program)
2. EVEN day watering (per program)
3. CYCLICAL (1 to 31 days, variable per program)
4. CUSTOM (weekly schedule variable per program)
- Input required: 117 VAC ± 10%, 50/60 Hz (International
models 230 VAC ± 10%, 50/60 Hz
- Output: 26.5 VAC, 1.5A (1.25A on ESP-LXi+)
- Diagnostic circuit breaker skips and indicates stations
with overloaded circuits and continues to run operable stations
- Overload, backup fuse: 1.25A SLO-BLO
- Battery backup: 9V Ni-MH rechargeable battery (included)
for programming under battery power and maintaining program
current time and date during power outages
- Station Capacity: Up to two 24 VAC, 7VA solenoid valves
per station plus a master valve or pump start relay
- Terminal strips for up to #12UF wire
- Electrical surge protection: Primary input side has built-in
MOV (metal oxide varistor) to protect microcircuitry; output
side has one built-in MOV for each valve station
- Width: 9 1/2" (24,1 cm)
- Height: 10 1/4" (26,0 cm)
- Depth: 4 3/8" (11,1 cm)
click to enlarge